Thursday, November 6, 2014

Woman Crush Everyday(Wednesday): Yes it's Thursday but we love MICHELLE!


See Outfit Details-FALL LAYERS


Michelle is easily one of the most prominent up and coming fashion bloggers currently out. Her style is effortlessly flawless and she has a gorgeous personality to match. I was recently given the opportunity to interview her for my "Woman Crush Wednesday" series and I must admit she did not disappoint.



  • Michelle, could you tell the readers a little bit about yourself (hobbies, favorite clothing company, staple accessory, etc.)? I’m Michelle Paige, hence my blog’s title! I am a 24 year old New Yorker who works in TV during the day & writes a fashion/style blog at night. I am a lover of anything sweet & believe that shoes can make or break an outfit. In the summer, I love spending my free time at the beach.  In the winter, I am obsessed with hockey, especially the New York Rangers!



  • What are your greatest passions? I have always been super passionate about fashion. It’s part of the reason that I decided to start a personal style blog.  I love to pair unexpected pieces or patterns together, like a girly skirt with a tough leather jacket or stripes mixed with plaid, or camo, or both!



  • Walk me through a typical Michelle day. A typical day starts around 7am. I always have a list of potential outfits planned out, so I get dressed based on the weather & my overall mood that morning.  Before I leave the house to go to work, I take anywhere from 25-60 photos of my outfit in 4-6 minutes & then rush off to catch the train to NYC.  I spend most of my commute to & from work on my camera & iPad working on editing photos or drafting/scheduling blog posts.  From 10-6ish, I spend my time working in TV promotion.  I get home around 8pm, just in time to eat; shower & jump into bed to watch whatever TV shows are on that night. (My favorite is Scandal!)



  • What made you decide to start a fashion/personal style blog? I decided to start a blog in general to help me pass the time during my long commutes each day. I get most of my outfit inspiration from other fashion bloggers, so I started my own fashion blog in the hopes of inspiring some of my own readers while they are getting dressed each morning. 



  • How would you describe the collegiate fashion style? I think that collegiate style needs to be easy & functional. When I was in college, I would be running from class to a group meeting to a part time job.  I needed an outfit that worked for multiple occasions & was comfortable enough to be in all day.  I used to (& still) love to pair my jeans & t-shirt with a blazer to make a casual outfit look put together yet still effortless.



  • How would you describe your personal style? I would describe my personal style as classic & modern with a pop of color.  I often find myself drifting towards feminine details & love classic pieces with a twist to make them on trend.


piperlime moments of chic

See Outfit Details-MOMENTS OF CHIC




  • What are your favorite accessories and trends for the fall season? This fall, I can’t get enough of booties & felt hats.  I love using accessories to take a basic outfit to the next level.  Rag & Bone makes great hats & booties, but if that’s out of your price range, check out Sole Society for on trend pieces at affordable prices.



  • Do you have any suggestions to make your wardrobe transferable from Fall to Winter? Layer, Layer Layer! I love taking pieces from the summer and making them wearable in cold weather by layering a jacket on top, or a tights underneath. For me, it’s all about the layers when it comes to cold weather – especially in NY.



  • Which stores do you frequently visit when updating your wardrobe? I love Zara, Tory Burch, Francesca’s, Piperlime, Nordstrom, Zappos for shoes, American Eagle for jeans, Baublebar for jewelry…the list goes on & on…



  • As a Fashion blogger do you believe the Instagram has been beneficial for you in developing your following? Instagram is definitely one of the social media platforms that I rely most on to help promote my blog. I love posting a peek of an outfit in the mornings or the night before to get readers excited to see what’s to come. At the end of the day, I usually post a full body shot as a catch up to any readers who, perhaps, didn’t get to stop by the blog that day.


steve madden gray combat boots

See Outfit Details-READY FOR COMBAT... BOOTS




  • Many bloggers use social media heavily to build their following. How has social media benefited you? Social media is the BEST way I have found to spread the word about a new post & your blog in general.  I am a part of so many platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Lookbook – the list goes on and on.



  • Where do you see yourself and this blog in 5 years? Hopefully, I’ll still be enjoying it as much as I am now. It would be fantastic to turn my blog into a business & maybe after 5 years, that will happen.  Maybe by 5 years, the blog will be a past memory. Only time can tell…!



  • If someone asked you for advice on blogging what would be your top 3? I've only been blogging for 8 months so take everything I say with a grain of salt, but the most important rules I've learned since I’ve started are:



  1. Post Often – I try to consistently post 4-5 times a week. I want my readers to see something new & exciting each time they visit my page.

  2. Take Great Photos – As a style blogger especially, the importance of the photos is essential. Find a patient photographer & snap away until you grab the perfect shots.

  3. Be Yourself – Everyone else is already taken, so use your photos & your voice to make a statement & show off your personality.



  • What do you think are the positive and negative aspects of blogging? I think blogging is such a great creative outlet – find something you feel passionate about & share your photos, thoughts, tip, tricks, etc. However, it can be difficult to put yourself out there for the entire world to see.  Fortunately, I have received so much positive feedback & some of the nicest comments!


All images have been taken directly from her blog and are linked underneath the picture.


Follow her on:

link text

Twitter.Facebook.Instagram.

1 comment:

  1. such a great interview!! Michelle is awesome and her pa(i)ge is even awesome-er!

    ReplyDelete