Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Falling in love with love


‘Do you fall in love often? Yes often. with a view, with a book, with a dog, a cat, with numbers, with, strangers, with nothing at all." -Jhene Aiko



Maybe it's the endless amounts of romantic movies I've been watching lately. Maybe it's the change in weather and the color of the leaves. Or maybe I'm a hopeless romantic that's been trying to convince myself I'm not either way lately I've been ooohing and aaaahing over the idea of love, life, and the pursuit of happiness. In my opinion this lies somewhere in falling in love.


Falling in love to me doesn't necessarily mean falling in love with a person that you hope to "marry". I've always believed that you could fall in love with multiple people but each for their own reason. I'll list some examples:




  • Ambitions

  • Heart

  • Physique

  • Mind

  • Beliefs




Now I know what you're saying, is that really falling in love? In my own opinion yes. Yes, I could be having a casual conversation with a stranger or friend and be discussing Aristotelian ethics and fall madly in love with their views. I could become so swept up in conversations so abstract that I can't even fathom why I didn't think of their opinions myself.

See the problem is we have become numb to the idea of what falling in love is.


It's not so systematic.


Fall in love, get married, have kids, live happily ever after.


No in reality falling in love is understanding, learning, appreciating. It's waking up one day and realizing that you've become a better because someone or something has crossed your path. Yes, every now and then this  is your significant other but sometimes without realizing it's a person you never expected or a situation that at one time you wish hadn't happened.


1 comment: