Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday Funday: Positive Thoughts Bring Positive Outcomes

Sunday

(Basically I completely forgot about this picture and will now use both of them)


Happy Sunday it is the end of the weekend and the start of the week. Everyone is either doing homework, preparing for the work week, bonding with their families and etc. As for me I am preparing for a night of exploration through my neighborhood. I've only been here for a month now so I love exploring the neighborhood and finding new things to fall in love with. So basically I go on 2 hour walks often with my brother and his friends. Sometimes I go without him though and when I do I like to recap about the all the positive events and etc. that are going on in my life right now.



Since I am such a believer that positive thoughts bring positive outcomes every morning I have a ritual that I start my day with. By following this ritual I truly believe I have had a lot of success and good energy sent my way. Basically everyone morning I write a list of what I have to be thankful for and what has been bothering me. Why include the negative? Because it's every where. If you don't take the time to sit down and write or think about what's bothering you it festers inside and goes no where. Eventually all the repressed feelings come out and are displaced negatively towards everyone. Here are my lists:

Positives

  • My family (especially my niece)

  • My apartment

  • My job at Maurices ( I am in love with the company)

  • Waking up to see another day

  • My hair texture that I have finally grown to love

  • I made a friend on Thursday on the bus

  • My love life


Negatives

  • I still have ill feelings towards the girl I didn't like in college (check Wednesday's blog post)

  • T.O.M

  • I have been paid twice but wasn't told by my old (current) job despite me coming in after being paid...

  • Carless

  • The last season of the wire

  • My love life

  • Still not in my chosen career field


When I write these out they remind me how much more I have to grow and allow me to continue to stay humble for what I do have. For example after writing about the checks from work I'm not as mad. At least I'm still getting them and they weren't lost right?

What positives and negatives are going on in your life right now?

Weekly Recap:


Falling In Love


Woman Crush Wednesday: The Most Popular Girls In School


Fashion Friday: Kim Kardashian Hollywood


Fashion Friday: 80s/90s Nostalgia


Blog Posts I Loved This Week:


Hottie of the week #9


#WhyIStayed


Top 8 Feel-Good Movies!


Lymphoma: The Facts

No comments:

Post a Comment